Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

Westinghouse PXLW wall oven with Faulty Clock (intermittently

Westinghouse PXLW wall oven with Faulty Clock (intermittently clicks and loses time for a few minutes) I can find the replacement part number for the 6 button Electrolux clock(NNN) NNN-NNNN but cannot see how the face plate is removed to replace the clock. Cannot find any visible screws?

any help appreciated. Bruce

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! You are correct in that the clock likely needs replacing, but you may want to check the connections in the incoming power supply to be sure there is not a loose connection. That can cause the same symptoms. Access may be gained by pulling the oven from the cabinet and removing the top access panel. Let me know what you find with the power supply connectors.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly - thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a little hesitant to pull the oven from the cabinet , is it just a matter of extracting it a few inches or do I need to extract it to the full depth. It is awkward and I am not getting any younger.

thanks Bruce

You will need to pull it all the way out. Most service companies have an adjustable cart they use to pull it out with. They are awkward and heavy so you certainly want to consider that when deciding to repair it yourself.