Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

Wirlpool top load washing machine Model 6AWTW5550XW0 Serial

Wirlpool top load washing machine Model 6AWTW5550XW0 Serial No. C12830672 tYPE 588 Our closest town is Alice Sprtings 400 km away we are on a cattle station in a very remote part of Australia , the washing machine has been working well & being used a number of time a day, we feel the lid lock is causing the trouble & are wondering if we can by-pass the lid lock electrically, to get us out of trouble & continue washing with it not being used? Please help Thanks Gretchen 

PS   Just wondering when we may expect an answer, an est. would be good,  

thanks Gretchen

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The lid lock cannot be bypassed because it is continuosly connected to the electronic control, whether it is locked or unlocked and if it is bypassed, the control will "see" it and display an error. You will need to replace the lock assembly if it is not working.