Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

Hi there We have a Fisher & Paykel Smart Active Fridge Freezer

Hi there

We have a Fisher & Paykel Smart Active Fridge Freezer approx. 10yrs old, and for the past week at random times during the day & night the fridge starts "beeping" like the fridge door has been left open, however the door has not been left open and I can't seem to see any other apparent reason. When you readjust the temperature gauge at the back of the fridge compartment, the beeping stops, until it sounds again some 8-10 hours later.

I don't understand what is wrong, as the fridge and freezer seem to be functioning just fine?

Can you help please?

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The electronic control is likely experiencing a glitch. Unplug the appliance for about 1 hour and see if the behavior changes. This will reset the control. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have done this on two occasions and to no avail...approx. 8 hrs later the beeping resumes until we alter the temperature gauge to stop the beeping (seems to be the only thing that works to stop it!)

I believe the main control is at fault and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for your help - I have called a service agent here.

I understand, thank you!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!