Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

I have a Split Type Fujitsu AST17RSF-W air conditioner which

I have a Split Type Fujitsu AST17RSF-W air conditioner which is 13 Years old.
Recently is has not stopped running when the remote 'stop' button has been pressed.
The louvers close and the red 'active' light goes out, but there is a vibration there, which can be felt and heard.
The outside unit seems to be the problem, as you can hear the vibration coming from it, although the fan is not spinning. Almost like it is cycling (somewhere).
I can find nothing in the manual to suggest a cure.

I'm Gina, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the control is getting thesignal to stop the function of the unit, but there is a relay that has welded contacts on it and is allowing a component to remain running. This will not be easy to locate without an electrical meter to test with and access to the electrical components. I suspect the main power board will need to be replaced but voltage testing will be the only way to determine what is happening.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Kelly.

Looks like I may have to call in a Technician to run some diagnostics.

That will probably be best unless you are very familiar with electronics and have test equipment. There are various voltage areas that can be dangerous.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!