Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Blanco Dishwasher BFCWC65 which is now 2-3 years old. I

I have a Blanco Dishwasher BFCWC65 which is now 2-3 years old.

I had issues with it draining, however after clearing filters etc this fixed the problem, or so we thought.

Unfortunately what is happening now is the dishwasher refuses to go from the wash cycle to the rinse cycle. It essentially is attempting to move from wash to rinse, however it is stuck in this mode and nothing happens.

Is it time for me to get a new dishwasher?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

It sounds like it thinks it has flooded

Does this sound like the drain pump is constantly running?
Does it stop if you open the door?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob

It doesn't sound like the drain pump is constantly running. It makes a weird sound, almost like when a motor gets stuck and then stops. This cycle then repeats until we turn the dishwasher off or open the door.

The first time it happened there was water on the floor of the dishwasher. However after draining it by cleaning everything and resetting as outlined in the manual we are still having the issue where it won't move on from the washing to rinsing cycle.

Thanks

Andrea

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrea

It sounds like the machine has water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the flood guard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort to protect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Pull machine forward.
Put towels down behind the machine.
Tilt machine back at 45 degrees.
Water will come out the back.
The machine should now be reset.

Let me know if water comes out the back

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob

We tried it last night.

Tilting the machine back 45 degrees resulted in no water coming out.

We tried running the dishwasher again.

On cycle 1 it completed the cycle.

On cycle 2 it stopped when wanting to go from the wash to rinse stages of the cycle, making the "motor stuck" noise.

Upon opening the door there was water in the base.

We ran the reset program and the dishwasher drained without a problem.

Does this help?

Thanks

Andrea

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrea
Thanks
I think you will need to run it a few more times.
We need to know if this only does it on one cycle and not on the others OR, does it do it randomly on all cycles

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob

We ran it on all cycles from the basic wash (1 on the dial) up to the pot wash (5 on the dial). The same issue occurs on all cycles except the basic wash (as it isn't required to go from wash to rinse).

In addition it isn't random. I happens every time without fail.

Thanks

Andrea

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrea

Thanks
It sounds then like an issue with the main control board, as we know there isnt a problem with the drain pump, as you can get the machine to empty.

The problem is that this part is expensive and, unfortunately, there is no way for the home owner to test it.
Under these circumstances you may be better to have a technician to come and do a hands on diagnosis of this.

Sorry its not great news

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Rob

Are you able to give a ball park figure for repair?

Searching the net it looks like a replacement part will be roughly $200.

Given labour I am assuming this could be a $400+ job. Does that sound around the mark?

In your opinion, would I just be better served buying new one and do you have any brands that you could recommend?

Regards

Andrea

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrea

Your estimates sound abour correct, sorry.

The only way I see it being much cheaper is if we have both missed something, but having re read it, I dont think we have.

If you put this money toward a new machine, you would have the benefit of a warranty on the whole machine rather than just on the part replaced.

Personally, I like Bosch, Whirlpool and Aeg. They are all well made and parts are readily available

Sorry again it wasnt great news.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.