Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  25 Years Experience with a emphasis on Fisher Paykel
15929851

I have a F&P GW712 purchased in 2004 the machine has just started

I have a F&P GW712 purchased in 2004 the machine has just started making loud noises during the spin cycle (sounds like it needs oil) but only when spinning everything else appears OK no burning smells etc
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This sounds like it could be the drum bearings.
Does it sound like an aircraft n your home?
Can you recheck the model number for me please?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

The model is a GW712 Top loader washing machine - Yes still looking for an answer and Yes sounds something like an aircraft - drum bearings sounds a likely cause?

Rgds

Craig

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Craig

Thanks for that

Unfortunately I cant find any details on that number.
While I continue to look, Ill opt out.
This means that if someone else has this information, they will respond to you directly.
In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as this will lock your question

Thanks
Rob

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX have worked on Fisher Paykel units for the last 12 years, and you definetly have a bad bearing. If you tilt the unit back against the wall and look at it from underneath. You should see where it is starting to leak water or almost a mud substance also.

I am in the United States, and not sure if there are any local parts houses that can sell you the outer tub that you need to repair this problem. But do know that Fisher Paykel will sell you the part directly. There phone is: Telephone: 07 3826 9100 .

The part you need is part number 425925P. If you call them they can tell you prices as we are not allowed to see that either here in the states.

This part is not har to replace all you have to do is pay attention to how parts come off then, do just the opposite to replace. It should take about a hour since this is your first time.

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask away
Rick, Technician
Experience: 25 Years Experience with a emphasis on Fisher Paykel