The Home Smithy, Appliance Technician
Experience:  40 years repairing things.

HISENSE HRT6TFF342 REFRIGERATOR - indications are that water

HISENSE HRT6TFF342 REFRIGERATOR - indications are that water is going into the main cabinet. The drain tube appears clear to the bottom of the freezer. To remove the drain tube, do I have to remove the cover at the back of the fridge, how do I do that or does it just slide down, and will that give me access to the top of the tube where the possible blockage may be.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer.
The easiest way to access the condensate drain tube is to remove the back cover of the freezer compartment. That is where the evaporator coils are. The evap coils are what the condensate comes from. The moisture in the air passes over the coils and condenses on the coils. The automatic defrost cycle then heats the coils up and melts the condensate from them. It then drains into the catch tray and out the drain tube to the catch tray over the compressor.
The heat from the compressor evaporates it back into the ambieent air of the kitcjhen.
Use a turkey baster and some boiling hot water to flush out the drain line and you are good to go.
Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**