Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

Hi. I have an Omega Altise OC2411TF oil column heater, which

Hi. I have an Omega Altise OC2411TF oil column heater, which has stopped heating. The fan heater still works, and the timer still works; when you switch the main switches on they light up but it doesn't actually heat up. Any idea what needs fixing? Thanks :)

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! There is a thermal fuse that has likely opened. Is it used for extended time periods?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly,

Yes, I have been using it a lot recently. How do I replace or reset the fuse?

Well, that part is internal and automatically resets, so if it is open, the heater will likely need to be replaced. Do you have an electrical test meter to test some components with and are you comfortable working with live voltage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have an electrical test meter.

I'm not sure if it's still under warranty, but either way I have emailed Omega to see if there is a repair/service agent in my area.

I understand, I believe you will need to have it professionally serviced if you have no meter.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!