Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

I have a F/P soft touch wall oven model 758TCN - 87203 - BRD

I have a F/P soft touch wall oven model 758TCN - 87203 - BRD 192810 that has only the decimal point flashing of the clock display and only beeps when any button is pressed. After a few days with this you can get the rest of the display up and the oven heating but pressing light button sends all display back to just decimal point.

Checked the voltage to display board at 250 volts but haven't checked further.

Is there a fault on the display board or the power board which has a 10 wire ribbon cable connecting the two boards

Hope you can give me some direction on which board needs replacing

Kevan Ayton

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you!

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel may need to be replaced. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The wall oven does not have a membrane keypad but individual switches on the display board. I remove the display board and used your tip I to heat the switches This I did with power connected. After a while the cooling fan started then it was possible to set time, activate all functions with oven heating etc. Then pressing on/off switch back to single blinking d/p.

Prior to this test I checked all voltage points that where marked ie (6.9 v,

5 v, and 31v) all OK. The 5v jumped to 6v when display failed.

The bad news these boards are no longer available so plan to replace the 2 electro capacitors to see if that fixes thing else a new oven.

Since the heat helped, it is likely capacitor related, so I believe you are on the right track.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Capacitors made no difference so bought new oven

I understand, thank you for the update.