Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

hi, I have a simpson supa nova freestanding stove top oven

hi, I have a simpson supa nova freestanding stove top oven which I cannot get the clear cover undone on to replace the light globe which is inside the over directly above the fan forced fan. I think the clear cover is supposed to screw out but I cannot get it to move with my fingers any suggestions

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! PLace a few drops of vegetable oil at the top of the glass, as close to where it is screwed in as possible. Allow it to sit overnight and then see if the globe will unscrew. The oil should get in the threads and lubricate them for an easier removal.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks I hope I made myself clear. there is a clear plastic cover over the front of the globe that I cannot move so I cannot even attempt to unscrew the bulb. does this affect your answer any?....

forget this question the oil worked and globe has been replaced thankyou very much