The Home Smithy, Appliance Technician
Experience:  40 years repairing things.
3079445

I have a E522B 2 door fridge freezer, I am experiencing leaking

I have a E522B 2 door fridge freezer, I am experiencing leaking from the front right and left hand corners at the base of the fridge at least once a day. I have looked at the seals, the overflow tray at back of fridge and both are fine. Any suggestions as to where the leak is coming from.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer.

You have a plugged up condensate drain line.
To resolve the problem remove the back cover inside of the freezer compartment. At the bottom of the evaporator coils is a drain hole. Flush it out with a turkey baster and some boiling hot water. Once it is clear the water that is melted off of the evaporator coils during the defrost cycle will once again drain into the evaporation tray above the compressor. The heat from the compressor then evaporates the water back into the ambient air of the kitchen.

To prevent the drain tube from clogging up again use a piece of 14 gage copper wire and carefully wrap it around the defrost heating element. Extend the copper wire about 1 - 2" into the drain hole. What this does is as the defrost heating element warms up it also warms the copper wire and prevents any frozen water in the drain hole from blocking the condensate from draining into the evaporation tray above the compressor.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

taken of back cover inside the freezer and I don't see any hole in the silver tray, could it be inside the fridge part ?

Regards

Mark

Mark, the drain hole has to be somewhere under the evaporator coils. It may be channeled someplace other than directly under the coils but it will be below them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks I found it under the ice

regards

mark

This should help.

Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

graphic

The Home Smithy, Appliance Technician
Experience: 40 years repairing things.