Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

We have a Westinghouse dryer model LD505E sensor. The electronics

We have a Westinghouse dryer model LD505E sensor. The electronics side is working but when the start button is pushed, a humming noise seems to be coming from the motor. Firstly we removed the back and found the drive belt to be ok. We replaced the capactor to no avail. We again removed the back and removed the belt and switched it on. When the start button is pressed the motor still hummen but would not rotate.
Do you have any suggestions

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If you have replaced the capacitor, the motor will need to be replaced.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!