The Home Smithy, Appliance Technician
Experience:  40 years repairing things.
3079445

"clean pump" LED comes on and machine stops during drain /

"clean pump" LED comes on and machine stops during drain / spin. How do I clean pump on a WFS1073CE washing machine there is no filter door on the front of the machine (5 mths old and has had very little use)

Hi, Andrew. Welcome to Just Answer.

There is a panel on the bottom front of your unit. It is held on by a few screws along the bottom front edge. Remove the screws and the panel comes off. The coin trap (clean out) is behind the panel.

Remove the cap and clean out any debris in the chamber and you are good to go.

FYI: any water remaining in the unit will come out when you remove the cap. Have plenty of rags or towels on hand to mop up with.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the info. Panel across the bottom of the front of the machine is plastic. There are no screws. Strangely, it does not have any obvious indication that the filter is behind it or a means of being pulled off. I found that I could not get enough purchase to pull it off by hand and had to place a knife into the gap along the top of this panel and lever the tabs clear to get it off. The filter cap is as you said on the RH side. I might just give the plastic panel the flick otherwise I will be elected to fix the machine every time the filter collects the odd foreign body.

Thanks Again

Andrew, rather than giving the panel the "flick" why not give the tabs the flick and just use a small wedge to hold the panel in place? You could make it long enough to have a bit sticking out to grab ahold of. That would make it easy to get to the coin trap.

Show the owner how easy it is to clean it out and you wont have to worry about having to do it every time a bobby pin or underwire mucks up the works.

Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**