Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My meile novtronic W937 washing machine intermittently starts

My meile novtronic W937 washing machine intermittently starts filling with water at the start of the programme and then stops after washing out the soap dispenser, and the water inlet light comes on. The rest of the cycle it fills properly. It doesn't happen every time.
If I fill it manually, the cycle runs through as normal.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! You may have a plugged screen in the valve. Remove the hoses from the fill valve and clean out the screens and see if the behavior changes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had already cleaned the inlet valve, but with no success. Any other ideas?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If the screens are clear, the valve will need to be replaced.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there another valve inside the machine, not just in the hose? If so, how do I access it because it is not visible from the outside of the machine.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The valve is part of the hose, or "waterproof system" and will need to be replaced as part of that assembly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need to know if there is another inlet valve inside the washing machine, and if so how do I access it. The hose on my machine just go directly inside, with no connection outside of the machine.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, there are no other valves. There is only the assembly in the hose.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you please give me a part number?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That valve is available below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thankyou.

I still can't work out how to access it. The hoses go into a plastic fitting which is held in place with screws. It is on the bottom left hand corner of the machine when the back is facing you. Do I access it from under the machine. If this is not the problem could it be a circuit board?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That valve is in the hose before it gets to the machine. There is a plastic housing around it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to be a pain. The hose is about the diameter of my thumb and is completely plain with nothing attached to it.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
What valve screen did you clean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just cleaned the screen on the inlet which attaches to the mains water.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Page 44 in the manual shows the area that valve is located, just to the right of the machine, under the faucet. The manual is available below.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, my machine doesn't have the box. There is nothing at all on the hose.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure then, the information I have is incorrect apparently. The side panel will likely come off to allow access to the water valve.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The side panel doesn't come off. I guess I will have to ship it 800km for a service. Thanks for your help.