Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

Have a Westinghouse Wall Oven, model Silhouette Series. The

Have a Westinghouse Wall Oven, model Silhouette Series. The vcomputer contol panel is not working for all functions eg clock, wall oven . The numbers do not react to my fingers pushing them. Can a completely new panel be installed to replace all function? Or is this model too old ? Have lived here 13 not know when it was purchased by previous owners. My email address is

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you!

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Sir,

Afraid I do not have a hairdryer to test with as you suggest. Natural curly hair has its benefits !!

I would rather replace the whole touch panel. Have had problems with this one for too long - started off minor things, but have just increase over the years.

How much would it cost for a new panel and the labour.

Yours faithfully,

ps While I have got you........

My oven is the dark colour. I notice in the shops only white or silver ones .

There isn't anyone around selling the dark coloured Silhouette wall ovens these days, by any chance ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will send this reply below back to you. I evidently sent it to the wrong address. Sorry.

I understand my letter was forwarded on to you.

Barbara Kleindopff.

Sorry of the delayed response. I just now was notified that you had replied, please forgive me. The dark colors are usually available but only as a special order. As far as the part number, can you post the complete model number from your oven, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oven Model No. POD 646 TF

S/No N10377

50Hr 4.3kw

Taken from the plate inside the grilling door. Barbara K.

Thank you. The control is available from the supplier below.

Statewide Appliance Spares

Phone 1800 250 911