Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I am in need of a schematic for a Kelvinator C360H Thanks,

I am in need of a schematic for a Kelvinator C360H Thanks, Arie

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I am unable to locate the exact schematic, but this model does not appear too complex. Basically there are tow circuits, the compressor through the thermostat and the light through the door switch. What exactly are you having trouble with?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just shifted house. On starting the fridge I put a thermometer in the fridge compartment and the temp got down to -8 with the t/stat at its warmest setting and the compressor never stopped. Next I got a new t/stat from Stokes, a Danfoss 25t65 unit, same as the original. The new unit, with the dial in the warmest position, also never stopped the compressor, I stopped it at -2. It looks as if the t/stat is being bypassed somewhere, hence I'm looking for a circuit before doing it the hard way with a meter and stripping the wiring.

How are you getting it to shut off, by turning the thermostat off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the thermostat has no off position . I switch it off at the power point. I cannot use the fridge as it is.

Is this the part you replaced?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I stated that in a previous email.

Yes you did, but it should open and close the contacts when it shuts off, so I was making sure this is the part you replaced because the number you posted is different from this part number. If you remove the wires from this part, will the unit continue to run and cool?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't got that far yet.

Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure. A circuit would have been nice.........

I agree, but one is not available. I can opt out if you would like me to so others can post to your question. However, it is unlikely one will be available as your question was not one that was answered immediately, meaning the information is not likely available.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I remembered Ranco had a number of replacement thermostats under the Varifix brand and there was a diagram that told me I had swapped one of the three white wires and bypassed the switch to make it run full time. One white wire is the active for the compressor and the other two are for the drain heater.

Next I put a logger in the fridge and let it run for 13 hours. Average temperature 3.2C. In that time it cycled 20 times.

As I stated in the beginning, I was looking for a circuit and had wasted hours looking for one both under Kelvinator and Danfoss, but forgot about Ranco.

I am glad you got it figured out, I am not familiar with the Ranco thermostat line.