Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Hi. I also have a Westinghouse Virtuoso that every few days

Hi. I also have a Westinghouse Virtuoso that every few days has error OC under freezer temp and although fridge temp is set at 3 it feels warmer than that. Is it worth having someone look at it or just buying a new frigde?Thanks
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If it being full of product is causing the temperature to rise and it goes back down when product is removed, you may have an inefficient compressor. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly

Thanks for your response. Model RJ523V-R. At the moment the fridge/freezer sounds normal but when its playing up it can be a bit clunky and running more often. There is no frost in freezer, when its going to have a melt down you can tell by all the mist that comes out of freezer when you open the door. The fridge temp seems to fluctuate as well

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Does the freezer work well intermittently, even when loaded with product?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It used to up until last week, l have removed half the contents (some last week and the rest 2 days ago) seems to be ok at the moment

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I suspect you have an issue with the efficiency of the compressor if it works okay with littel load applied to it. You will need to have a professional servicer solder valves on to test the pressures to verify that so if the unit is more than 9 years old, you may start looking for a replacement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thankyou, l thought as much. I better start saving :)

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I understand, good luck.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried to give you an excellent rating but it keeps popping up error

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry you are having trouble, I will send it in for them to look at. Thank you for letting me know!
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.