Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Hi, I have recently purchased a second hand Bosch SGI40005au

I have recently purchased a second hand Bosch SGI40005au dishwasher. After getting it home and connecting it, it seems to work, water is pumped in and out and the cycles start and finishes at the end, but there are a few issues.

- The water does not appear to be heating up
- The detergent cap is not popping open
- There is no rotation of the water spindle, hence no washing.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong and how to fix?

Many Thanks

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The water not heating and the detergent dish not working are likely the result of a faulty PCB in the door. The PCB will usually show burn marks on teh solder side, so it is not a difficult diagnosis if you can access it for inspection. The water not recirculating could be a plugged filter or a faulty motor. Have you looked at the filter and does the motor start?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I get to the PCB board and what does it look like?

In terms of the motor how do I tell if the motor starts?

You would hear the motor start after the tub fills. To access the PCB for inspection, you can remove all of the screws from the inner door panel and separate the doors.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On further analysis, the detergent cap does actually open. The motor doesn't seem to come on.

The side of the dishwasher is heating up, but the water is still not heating up.

Is it likely to be worth repairing?

Given the extent of the problems you are seeing, I would not invest anything into this appliance, no.