Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.

DishDrawer is flashing F1, with continuos beeping. Is there

DishDrawer is flashing F1, with continuos beeping.
Is there anything I can check or do before phoning service centre.
It started this trick during the night while not in use.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! There is water under the lower drawer and the flood sensor has activated. Unplug the machine right away and dry the cabinet area below the drawers out very well and see if the leak returns. If it does, you will need to find out where the leak is. You can get to the water simply by pulling the lower drawer out and using a towel to sop up the majority of it then placing a fan to blow in there for several hours until completely dry.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is a single drawer washer, not sure if I can get under anything to mop up, but I will go and check the pipes and get back to you thanks.

You bet, once you get the water all dried up, it will restore normal operation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Right I have seen water under the single drawer by peering with a torch.

There is someway of unlocking the drawer and taking it right out isnt there? Does it have locking tabs or something..

Yes, on the sides in the front, they are round and near the front panel. They pull straight out allowing the drawer to be removed slightly, be careful of the wires harness in the back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes right, I did all that, had fan heater in for 3 hours, and now dry as a bone!

BUT still getting the F1. have you got any more suggestions.

The board that is down on the cabinet base can hold moisture for some time. If you are absolutely sure it is dry, especially in the left rear corner where the board is, the board was likely damaged by the water when power was connected to it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does that mean I need a new board?

I would place a fan down there for a bit longer because the water can get in and under the mount of the board. If in 12 hours of fan and the problem still exists, yes, the board will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do I have to pay another $47 for more answers to the same problem

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Am I able to get more answers to my problem dishwasher?

After reassembling the dish drawer it will not shut properly

Oh no, I will help you as long as it takes. Is the F1 error gone now and just the drawer issue is present now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, first time user, wasnt sure how the system worked.

The F1 has gone and I ran thru a rinse cycle then I took drawer out again and looked for any wet area on the base it was all good.

re assembled the drawer, put thru another rinse and the water flowed out over the sides.The board area is still dry, but now the door won't shut properly.

Is the plastic harness in the back of the drawer bending correctly where it should or could it be binding?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could you give me description of plastic harness, not sure what that is

Sorry, I should have elaborated. There is a plastci part that houses and protects the wires to the drawer. It bends in the middle as the drawer closes. Sometimes that can get out of adjustment and bind or get down in the track area.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The harness wire that is clamped to the 3 pipes, the black flattened one of which must hold the wires, seem to be the same as they were orginally. impossibile to see when the drawer closes tho.

2 plastic clamps either side at the end of the tracks, what position should the clamp be when the drawer is out.

When the drawer is out, the harness hould be nearly fully extended.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is fully extended.

What about those clamps should the mouth be facing forward or clicked up when the draw is open/out

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The plastic harness is functioning correctly.

What next?

Sorry for the delay, we lost internet here lastnight. If the harness is not binding, did you get the drawer back on the track properly and did you reinstall the lockign pins?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have taken drawer off and on several times and am sure it is on correctly.

You havnt commented about the clamps/latches a/a are they up or forward when drawer is out.

If you are referring to the plastic clamps that lock the hose and harness in, they should be locked and in the down position.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I am referring to the two clamps on the back wall that lock the drawer in.

The lid id what locks the drawer in, so I am not quite sure what clamps you are referring to, sorry. Do they clamp the hoses to the back of the machine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No nothing to do with the hoses - theses white plastic latches are on the back wall and next to the tracks.

Looks like they clamp onto the apertures on the back and lower corners of drawer when it is shut..

So if the lid locks the drawer - what else could be stopping it closing by 2cm.

I think you pulled the tracks out too far, they go in those plastic keepers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All solved the two spring loaded clamps I have been talking about should have been in the forward position. The drawer shuts and I have run it thru a rinse cycle and all good.

However still don't know where the water came from that caused the original F1 problem. I will know what to do next time! Thank you.

That is great news, glad all is working!