AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.

We have a PDJ521W Glass top stove. The left hand front element

Customer Question

We have a PDJ521W Glass top stove. The left hand front element fused and the replacement element is a little different to the original. I would like a wiring diagram for the hot plate elements and or especially the front left hand element Thank you.

Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I do need an answer now otherwise I have wasted my money.!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply. I have had a look for the original papers on the stove but cannot find them

The stove is a Westinghouse freestyle PDJ 521 W.

S/n 13026812-653 and I am looking for the hot plate element wiring information. Stove would be 6 to 8 years old.

Hello Frank:

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Expert:  Jon replied 3 years ago.
Hello Frank,

My name is Jon and I can help you today if you still need it.

There should be a wiring diagram underneath your cooktop. If you can't see it clearly or if it isn't there at all I can get it for you. Just get back to me here with the full model and serial numbers to the machine.

I will help you rewire in the new element if that is what you are looking to do?

Get back to me here when you are ready to work on this machine more.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jon. There is no wiring diagram any where on the stove, that is why I wanted a wiring diagram so that I could trace out the wiring to the element.. If you cant supply this lets forge the whole the whole thing.

Expert:  Jon replied 3 years ago.

I will certainly try to get the wiring diagram you need. I will check my resources and get back to you here when I have the info.

In the meantime, have you tried opening the machine again to gain access to the element and checking the other element? At least one other element should be wired the same way as the one in question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jon Thank you for trying, lets forget about it I'll work it out myself.

Expert:  Jon replied 3 years ago.
it is a bit harder for me to check diagrams and tech info for your model since it was made overseas from me but i will try to see what i can find.