Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I have a error code E2 on my samsung dishwasher what does this

Customer Question

I have a error code E2 on my samsung dishwasher what does this mean
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Samsung service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

The E2 error on your machine is a water supply error.

Jon :

So the water is most likely not coming into the machine, is that correct?

Jon :

If so, then first check that the water supply is on. And that the supply is not weak or pressure to the water valve of the dishwasher is not below 25 psi.

Jon :

if the supply is off or weak that would need to be fixed first.

Jon :

If the supply is not off and pressure is good then next make sure the water supply hose is not kinked or clogged in any way.

Customer:

Have checked that water supply is good

Customer:

hose seems fine

Jon :

And finally if the hose is not kinked or blocked in any way and yet still no water into the machine you will need to make sure that there is full voltage to the water valve in time of a fill cycle. there should be 110 volts when the machine should be filling up to the water valve. so if you dont have 110 volts then the computer is bad and needs to be replaced.

Jon :

if there is 110 volts but still no water then you need to replace the water valve.

Jon :

ok. if the hose seems fine, and definitely make sure you can see all the whose, and the supply is on then you will need to check voltage to the water valve at time of fill with a volt meter. do you have one to check with?

Jon :

if you dont have a volt meter or dont know how or dont want to check the voltage to the water valve then i would call in a service tech to do it for you.

Jon :

how old is the machine?

Jon :

if the machine is under a year it would be covered under the original manufacturer warranty and in that case i would call them and set up a service call. they will come out to you for free and check the machine for free and fix the machine for free. This is the easiest and cheapest way to get this machine fixed.

Jon :

of the machine is not under warranty then I would either check the voltage to the water valve or have some one do it for you.

Jon :

After checking the voltage you will know if you have to change the water valve or main board.

Jon :

If you have any other questions please get back to me here and I will help you more. If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat with ok service or better rating so that I may get credit for helping you. And if you have more questions after positively rating me below please feel to come back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

thanks

Jon :

Are you still there?

Jon :

Do you have any other questions for me?

Customer:

the voltage seems correct

Jon :

If not, Please remember to rate my performance positively below.

Jon :

Thank you.

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Terry,

thank you for the positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

If voltage is good to the water valve then you have a bad water valve. especially if the water supply hose to the valve is not kinked or crimped or blocked in any way that would obstruct the flow of water to the valve and into the machine.

I would replace the water valve.

Please get back to me here if you need any other help and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again. And have a good night.