AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

I have an LG Intellwasher 7.5kg WD-1018C Washing machine which

I have an LG Intellwasher 7.5kg WD-1018C Washing machine which stalls at the spin cycle. We use the quick 30 wash cycle for the majority of washes, but is now taking up to 6 hrs to "complete" a cycle. When the clothes are removed they are still ringing wet. The spin cycle tries to run with the barrell completing a couple of revolutions but it then stops & starts again, whilst this is happening the water drain pump is running but has run out of water to pump making it cavitate & sound horrible. The barrell tries to spin one direction, then the other, sometimes it starts to build speed for approx 2 secs but then slows & stops. Do they have a speed sensor which the control may not be picking a signal from? We paid a callout fee for a technician to come & have a look, he removed some debris from the drain & said it will be ok now, but it still the same. Please any advice would be appreciated.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome to JA,

The first thing you need to do is the ring the tech who you got out previously and tell him that it is still doing the same thing as before and that his cleaning of the drain pump did not work* The sooner the better also*

He is obligated to come back and have another look under a labor warranty*

I will be strait up front with you on this though, it sounds like one of the microprocessors on the main control module has failed or at the very minimum had an electrical spike/surge.

I asked my boss about this also, he is an expert with LG front loaders and basically this is what he told me*

He also said, that the machine has a self diagnostic feature, that when a problem occurs, such as an imbalance problem or any problem related to the running of the machine, it should be displaying the appropriate fault code on the screen at the controller.

If no fault code is showing, then it has to be a faulty controller. This is what governs the entire running of the wash programs and the hardware of your appliance*

Here are the fault codes*

Any follow up questions, just ask*
graphic

Dont keep using it at this point in time, as you will burn out the drain pump, especially if it is running for all that time. I am surprised it hasn't burnt out already actually.
Experience: Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How much would it cost approx to replace the faulty part???

A fair bit*

How old is the machine?? 5 years or more?

Ring Statewide below(Toll Free), they are an Aussie LG parts supply company and ship nationwide, fast and cheap*

Supply your model number and they will tell you the exact price for the controller okay

Id also be getting the other guy back, if the first visit made no difference. Perhaps he will give you some credit on the labor and fit the new controller at a reduced rate if you decide to go ahead with the repair*

Contact The Experts

Please have your make & model
number readily available

when contacting us or visiting us.

LG Parts Only

Phone 1800 005 220