AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

KLEENMAID RANGE HOOD RH60 - I have two of these appliances

KLEENMAID RANGE HOOD RH60 - I have two of these appliances as the oven is 1200 wide. They have just been installed and while they are making all the right sounds and the lights work they have absolutely no exhaust capabilities. They have been ducted to the outside and there is air flowing well to the exterior outlet.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 5 years ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question, sorry for the delayed response, I will be assisting you with your inquiry today,

Remember it is up to us to work as a team and help solve this problem, or at least work out a way of troubleshooting it and to get you sorted one way or another,,
If by a certain time, you have not accepted my help by pressing the accept button located on your screen after an answer has been given, I will opt out and move on to help others who are wanting genuine paid assistance. Just Answer is not free and experts are only paid by your acceptance okay. At any time, you may request further info and ask questions if you feel the need, even after accepting, this is not a problem at all.

So the ranghoods are venting to the outside exterior outlet, but inside they seem to be lacking in power yes?

Is RH60 the full model number of these rangehoods also please?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There is a lack of suction - it does not even move a sheet of paper if held close to the vent. The motor runs smoothly and the variable fan seems to work but there is only sound. Yes the full no. is RH60 Kleenmaid.

Okay,

• Size of venting pipe : 150mm ??
For maximum performance keep length of ducting short and the number of
elbows used to a minimum.

How big is your ducting to the outside vent? How long is it and are there many elbows?

Also, the external vent, how big is that?

• Two different wall spacing brackets (fairing) can be used in installation – if total depth of cabinetry is less than 315mm, fit 37mm wide fairing
if total depth of cabinetry is more than 315mm, fit 75mm wide fairing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The venting to the outside is 150mm. There are two elbows and the length would be maximum 2 1/2 metres from the rangehood to the outside.

As for the cabinet, it is 360mm in depth but I'm unsure what you mean by 'fairing'.

Thanks.

The unit is supposed to cycle 1000m3 per hour,,, one would think the air flow would be fairly good.

All I can tell you is, if everything is installed properly, that perhaps there is a fault with the speed setting or the fan on your unit.

Are you able to disconnect the venting pipe temporarily, just to see if the unit works any better in that way, then you will know for sure if the piping is restricting it etc,,

Is it being ducted strait up through the roof, or through the wall?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is ducted through the ceiling and straight across to the eave and down. The exterior outlet would be 4 metres from the ground and projects enough air to be easily felt. My feeling is that there is nothing wrong with the fans or speed setting.
Try disconnecting the ducting and see if there is any difference,??

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok thanks.
If no change is found, then perhaps you might consider getting the installer back out, and having a look at the unit. It might even be worth getting in touch with the manufacturer to see if there is a fault at all as well.. Should be covered under warranty etc..