AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

How to replace a broken drive belt on Simpson Eziloader 5kg

Customer Question

How to replace a broken drive belt on Simpson Eziloader 5kg clothes dryer?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 5 years ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question, sorry for the delayed response, I will be assisting you with your inquiry today,

Remember it is up to us to work as a team and help solve this problem, or at least work out a way of troubleshooting it and to get you sorted one way or another,,
If by a certain time, you have not accepted my help by pressing the accept button located on your screen after an answer has been given, I will opt out and move on to help others who are wanting genuine paid assistance. Just Answer is not free and experts are only paid by your acceptance okay. At any time, you may request further info and ask questions if you feel the need, even after accepting, this is not a problem at all.

When you go to get the new belt, take the old one with you, it has the part number stamped on it and this will aid you in obtaining another one.

The belt is wrapped around the drum on the black mark where the old one was sitting. A loop od the leftover belt is then formed at the base of the cabinet, near the motor. The loop goes around the motor pulley and then over the idler pulley and then the motor is sprung down, using the spring on the motor and links to the base of the motor bracket,,,

If you accept my answer, I will take the back of one at our shop and post you a picture okay,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your answer. It was helpful and answers my issue about the routing of the drive belt.

However, I'm not sure how to place the belt. My problem is that the drum is fixed to the back of the machine whereas the motor is part of the front unit. I don't see how I can fit the belt properly, because when I bring the front and back sections together I don't think there will be enough access to get my hands in to place the belt properly. Do I take it correctly that the belt should first be placed around the drum in the correct position and then looped around the drive shaft as I bring the two sections together?

Happy to pay for this advice once this aspect is resolved and I look forward to getting the picture in due course.

Thanks.

The back needs to be taken off the dryer., the dryer needs to be face down on the ground when you fit the belt. Use masking tape to hold the belt to the drum on the top so it doesnt keep falling down when you are fitting the excess(Loop) through and around the motor/idler pulleys down the bottom of the cabinet.

Look at the drum, you will see the old black mark from the previous belt. make sure you line it up on that. Also, when you have the belt on and around the pulleys/drum, do one full revolution of the drum slowly by hand to make sure the belt will stay on, nothing worse than putting it all back together to find that as soon as you switch it on, the belt comes off. It happens.

The dryer is to remain complete, except for removing the back panel...

I have your pics here, but I cant upload them until I get home from work today okay,,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. That sounds like what I need. I had been working on the dryer in an upright position. (Have recently fixed my Fisher and Paykel dryer where nothing is mounted on the back panel so it was a lot easier!!)

I have accepted your answer, and look forward to seeing the pics (to confirm my understanding about the routing of the belt).
I will get that to you this evening okay, Cheers.
Its not working for some reason, I cant upload the pics,

I will go to another computer and try okay,,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the picture. That's how I thought the belt went, so great to have confirmation.

However, I also noticed the spring in the picture. I didn't notice any spring when I opened the machine, so I'll have another look when I go out to my daughter's place again. It did seem rather strange that motor just flopped around!! ( I might need to get a new spring as well.)

So very glad to have the picture - thanks again. I expect that this is all the help I need.

Have a great day.

The spring is what holds the motor down towards the base of the cabinet. It will be in the bottom of your dryer cabinet, or attached to the motor and or the motor bracket no doubt..

If you get stuck, drop me a line okay.

Cheers and good luck.