AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

my front loading samsung washing machine door wont open. I

my front loading samsung washing machine door won't open. I have waited for the light to go off and the bell to sound but the door is tight shut and won't open when I pull on the handle. The model is J1045 (V/S/C) or J845 (V/S/C)
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 4 years ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question, I will be assisting you with your inquiry today,

Remember it is up to us to work as a team and help solve this problem, or at least work out a way of troubleshooting it and to get you sorted one way or another,,
If by a certain time, you have not accepted my help by pressing the accept button located on your screen after an answer has been given, I will opt out and move on to help others who are wanting genuine paid assistance. Just Answer is not free and experts are only paid by your acceptance okay. At any time, you may request further info and ask questions if you feel the need, even after accepting, this is not a problem.

The door safety locking solenoid is faulty, and will need to be replaced. This is why the lock is not releasing...

Here is a video that will explain how it is changed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prkM2XMoOJk

And for the part you require, contact the company below and they will ship you one quickly okay,,

Contact The Experts

Please have your make & model number readily available
when contacting us or visiting us.

All Brands (Non LG)

Phone 1800 250 911

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the video but as the door can't be opened it does not answer my question. How can I open the door? There is wet washing stuck in the machine and I can not access it. The door is stuck shut. It will not open the way the door will in the video.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
To open the door, you will need to remove the top of the machine (2 screws at top rear of washer) slide the top back and lift it off, then, with the machine unplugged, stick your hand down to the door safety switch, slide the lock acrosss and then pull on the door handle as per normal..

Here is a video showing you how to do it, and he also shows you the switch and how to slide the lock across**

When I do this, I pull it forward a bit, lean it back against the wall, lay down on the floor and then stick my hand up from underneath.... as front loaders are too heavy to lift up onto a table like in the video okay,,

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_x2tSmd0A&feature=related
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Oh boy - that is not a job for me then. I will call a repair company. Thanks for your help.