AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

Hi I have installed a Simpson La Scala wall oven (2nd hand

Hi I have installed a Simpson La Scala wall oven (2nd hand reconditioned). No user manual and on power up just have alternating auto/0.00. Model is 3W601W*02. What buttons to use to set time and turn oven on? Thanks Carol
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Carol,

What buttons do you have on the timer/control panel please?

I cannot find the manual sorry, but I am happy to try and help you work it out,,,

Okay,

Go outside and switch off the mains power for 30 seconds, then switch it back on okay,

Go inside and try holding down the timer button and at the same time pressing the + and the - buttons to set the time and then release the timer button.

The hand symbol is for manual operation and will bypass the electronic features of the oven okay,,,

I am still trying to locate a user manual for you, but havnt had much luck Im afraid.

Worst case, you may have to request one direct from Simpson yourself,

Follow this link and make an inquiry okay,

http://www.simpson.com.au/ContactUs

Their main website doesnt contain your manual either Im afraid, make sure you mention this and tell them that is why you are enquiring**
Experience: Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi I've been away on my son's school camp - so out of contact having been in the bush for a few days.
Holding the timer button and toggling -/+ buttons hasn't worked.
However we had an unannounced (when are they ever announced!) power outage today.
Having got back to the 0:00 and Auto message my son experimented with the other buttons. By holding both the 'Timer' and immediate next button along down and then toggling the - and + buttons we have managed to set the time on the oven's clock. Pleased to say the oven switches on and heats also.
So we've made notes of what we have done for future reference.
Many thanks for your advice; problem is sorted. We will experiment to see if we can sort the timer and auto timer at some stage but for now we can cook and check the time of day!
Cheers Carol