AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.

This year I purchased a Simpson 8.0kg automatic washing machine

This year I purchased a Simpson 8.0kg automatic washing machine (not front loader) and I have never had a totally clean wash every since the purchase. I use liquid washing detergent after trying front loader powder. I clean both filters after each wash. I even wipe out the machine. We are farmers so clothes do get quite dirty. Every work clothes wash I hang out clothes that are streaked with dirt even after adding the deep rinse cycle. What am I doing wrong? Is it a fault of the machine? I am coming to the decision to do away with this machine. My old Hoover always cleaned the clothes without leaving dirt streaks throughout.Please help or I will have to throw this new machine away. Marjorie Armstrong XXXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your inquiry,

Just a few questions please,

Are the stains you are seeing on the clothes, from your type of work or are they oily spots?

What kind of wash program and settings are you using on the Simpson please? IE: heavy duty, auto water level settings? etc etc,,

Any chance of the full model number also? (rear of control panel on sticker)

I'll be completely honest with you strait up also, the newer washing machines have nothing on the old Hoovers and Simpsons,, unfortunately the good old quality machines are no longer manufactured by Australian companys,,

I shall await your reply,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Simpson Model SWT802SA Type RT6331154 S/N 04550546 PNC XXXXXXXXX 01

The stains are not oil just from the clothes e.g. dirt which streaks through the clothes when the wash & spin cycle has finished. I have added the deep rinse in the hope it will help but no. I have tried putting less in each wash e.g. a pr trouser, 1 shirt, socks,light jumper. I believe it is a bomb and won't wash properly. I will have to get onto Simpson and let them know of my absolute displeasure at this new machine.

There is a chance that the electronic controller is faulty,

Give Simpson a ring and tell them that it is not working properly and that you need a service call under warranty and the machine needs looking at,

It wouldnt be the first time that an eziset has not worked correctly from the word go.

May I suggest in the meantime, you fill the machine, let it wash for about 15 minutes, then turn it off and let your clothes soak overnight, then re start it in the morning using the same water and let it run through as per normal from the beginning. This will make a difference, especially of you are using just cold water... My knees are always dirty and this seems to really make a difference hey,,on long pants,

I have to be honest with you also, front loading powder would work better that a liquid detergent, but at the end of the day, it is your choice what you use. I actually use white vinegar in the rinse cycle to keep my machine clean and also as a fabric softener,, this makes a huge difference also,,

Get onto Simpson ASAP ok,

http://www.simpson.com.au/ServiceLocator
Experience: Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.