AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

I have a Fisher&Paykel Ecosmart WA37T26G top-load washing machine

I have a Fisher&Paykel Ecosmart WA37T26G top-load washing machine that has just started going out of balance constantly. There is a spring attached to the left front suspension strut -- the strut wire that runs from the upper corner down to the bottom of the bowl. (Is this the bias spring?) The spring is loose on the other end -- it has slipped down to the bottom of the strut wire. It seems that the other end should attach up at the top of the bowl somewhere, but I don't see where. I wonder if I am missing a hook or clip of some sort that may have broken off. Ideas? -- Tad
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 3 years ago.
There is a plastic clip (Usually red) inserted into the top of the lid ring. If you push the inner tub all the way to right hand rear side of the cabinet, you should see the clip on the lid ring directly opposite of where the spring attaches to the clip. (from the shocky arm acress to the top of the lid ring)
Experience: Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No clip there -- it must have broken off. I wondered if there was something like that. Do they break often?