AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.

Lemair XQBM20-C washing machine in caravan - 2.5 years old

Customer Question

Lemair XQBM20-C washing machine in caravan - 2.5 years old working well- suddenly water is continuing to drain out after the spinning cycle has finished and the filling cycle is in progress- cannot fill the machine at all now.
Drain hose has loop in the system 540mm above floor height
Would buy another machine but this model has been superceded and new model is wide for the space ( 430 mmm max width)
What do you suggest?
Are spare parts for this model still available?
many thanks XXXXX Townsville
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your inquiry, I will be assisting you with your question today,

You say the water is draining out at the same time as filling? Is the pump actually running or is the water just draining away by itself>?? While the machine tries to fill??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi ,

The washing machine is filling and the water is draining out at the same time( pump not running). I have experimented with lifting the drainage hose up to about 550m.m. above the floor and the water no longer drains out during the filling cycle.It appears to be a syphoning problem. i have re -installed the washing machine and its working fine now. many thanks

Yep, that is exactly what I was thinking, which is why I asked about the pump actually running or not, the drain hose must be as high or higher as the water level you intend on using otherwise it will syphon away with gravity,,, with all machines...

If the pump was actually running at the same time as filling, then it would have been the timer/controller... and if not running the drain hose is too low