AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.

I have a Bosch front loader Maxx Classic washing machine. Part

I have a Bosch front loader Maxx Classic washing machine.
Part of the way through the cycle we had a power failure and my washed is now on the rinse cycle and will not start up again.
How do I re set the machine please.

Peter Rowe Coober Pedy
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 3 years ago.

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Unplug the machine and leave it for around an hour to fully drain the controller and clear the memory. Power the appliance back up, select the drain/spin cycle, and let the machine run all the way to the end and switch itself off. After that, start the machine up again and start your washing from the beginning. It should work.

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Also, holding down the start/pause activates/deactivates the child lock feature, try that first,

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Let me know how it goes,,, okay

Customer:

Tried your suggestions.

Customer:

Left the machine for well over an hour but it did not work.

Customer:

Any other suggestions

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Was the machine unplugged?

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

You need to remove the cord from the wall, not just switch it off*

Customer:

Thank you I will give that a try

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Yep, then do as suggested and please let me know how it goes, okay

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Any chance of a full model number of the machine??

Customer:

I will see if I can find them

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

that would be great, I will double check the flashing light (rinse) and make sure this is not a fault code, but I need the full model number okay,,, thanks,

Customer:

Nothing that says model number, but plate on th e back has some numbers. Across the top E-Ne WAE 18060Au/09. next line Type WKM41. Same line other side of plate IPX4. Next Line WAE 18060AU. 847090240370011235. Hope you can make sense of these numbers. Cheers Peter

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

WAE18060AU is the model number* thanks

Customer:

Thanks for that I will make a note of the number

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

No problems, I am searching for your manual now okay,

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

I'll wait to hear back from you in relation to the reset okay, Need to dig for your manual. The Bosch site is not working atm regarding manual downloads etc,,,

Customer:

As suggested I unpluged the power cord from the power point and waited over an hour. went through the procedure you suggested but unfortunalley it still did not fix the problem.

Customer:

I also tried to down load a manual but with no luck. Thank you for your effort and please take my payment. If you are able to solve my problem, eg get the manual could you please email the solution to me at pdkrowe&bigpond.com Once again thanks for the effort and hope to hear from you. Cheers XXXXX XXXXX Peter

Customer:

That email address should XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

The Bosch site is still not allowing manual downloads, as soon as it does, I will get your manual down and msg you here, you will recieve an email okay, Also, I cannot take your payment, only you can pay me by accepting the answer at your end of things, just so you know.

Customer:

I will wait till you get the manual and get back to me before making payment if that is OK by you.

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

no problems, just tried again, still down,

Customer:

No problem I will await your reply. In the mean time I am going to check to make sure that the drain pipe is not blocked.

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Okay, I have the manual downloaded. It says, if the rinse light is flashing, there is a problem with the motor. Maybe when you got a power surge/failure, the motor was damaged.

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

https://portal.bsh-partner.com/portal%28bD1kZSZjPTAwOQ==%29/PORTALFRAME.HTM

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Enter : WAE18060AU and then select the WAE18060AU/09 folder to download

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

The codes are on the bottom of page 8...

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Try unplugging the motor and reconnecting it at the connector plug and see if this helps...

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Make sure you unplug the machine first though okay,

Customer:

I have tried down loading the manual from the information you supplied and just come up with error. Is there a www. site I can go into as living in a very isolated area a manual would be handy. I have also tried your suggestion of unpluging the motor but that did not work either. I think you are right in saying that the power surge has done damage to the motor even though it look OK. It is looking like I will have to send it to a service centre which unfortunatley for me is 850 km away unless you can come up with any other suggestions. Thanking you for your effort so far and I will await your reply before making payment.

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

http://www.bosch-home.com.au/customer-care.html

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Go to instruction manuals download*

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Then enter WAE18060AU

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Yes, the worst possible time for a washing machine to have a power failure is whilst it is running and parts are moving within the machine,

Customer:

Thanks for all your trouble but it looks like I will have to send it south. Cheers Peter

Experience: Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.