Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

I drive a Toyota Hilux Work Mate ( 2010 _=+ Model. The

Customer Question

Hi , I drive a Toyota Hilux Work Mate ( 2010 _=+ Model . The engine warning light has come on , yet oil and everything else seems OK , Temperature stays normal . Thanks Peter ?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The yellow engie outline symbol only .
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No , but i have to use it tomorrow , Checked all normal items , but vehicle is running well & not getting hot or running ( engine ) unevenly . seems to run better than when the light was not showing .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Hello Peter,

Can you get a scan done on the vehicle for codes?

The engine light has illuminated because of a current or intermittent electronic fault.

Gary

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a fleet vehicle , so to get any thing done is a real run around . if i had a manual I could simply read what the light is supposed to denote . I decided to continue using the vehicle any way . then hey presto the light went off 120 km later . No dramas and the vehicle is A1. I looked at the drivers logs of the last few weeks and others have noted this light coming on & off Thus I assume a faulty electrical circuit which can be dealt with at next service in 3500 kms . Tks
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Hello Peter,

If the light goes off, it would be an intermittent, and if no driving issues are evident, then it can possibly wait, just keep an eye on it for now.

Possibly only a small issue.

Kind regards

Gary