Marty
Marty, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 34 years experience.
13230946

I'm told I need an air flow sensor for my 1988 300SE, but it

Customer Question

Paul. I'm told I need an air flow sensor for my 1988 300SE, but it is difficult to get the part. I have a colleague going to Europe soon. He may be able to get me the part. Are you able to advise the part number? Ivan Cahill
JA: No. I'm the Mercedes Mechanic's Assistant. Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: I've on
JA: Are you fixing your 300SE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've only been told by Capital Star Motors in Canberra that i need an air flow sensor. When I stop my idling speed is 750 RPM but can drop down to 500 RPM. When it drops I cannot get it back up to operating speed and have to turn off the engine and restart. If I can get the part Capital Star Motors will fit.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi Ivan, my name is***** you please post your 17 digit vin number so I can look up the correct part number?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
MartyVIN number is *****Ivan
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

You will need part number 103 074 00 14 or part number 000 074 20 14. Click on the attachment below.

Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please don't forget to rate my service :-)

Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in. Do you need anything else?

Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

This question is not complete until you rate my service. If you found my information helpful please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.