Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Second opinion] I have a 2000 tundra 4.7 litre v8, it drives

Second opinion] I have a 2000 tundra 4.7 litre v8, it drives normal but if decide to accelerate suddenly while driving at about 40 mph it sputters before accelerating.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: Still has in the transmission it came with and I've changed all the fuel filters
JA: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to the mechanic shop. I've service the tranny, changed every filter and fuel pump.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: While talking to u i was looking at d engine and notice a small hose from the pulsating damper that is broken. Can this be a problem?

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Is this a 00 or 02 model

Have you ruled out that his may be a misfire that your feeling?

Any warning lights on?

The hose you found is it sucking or blowing wir while running?

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks moose. This is an 02 model and there's no warning lights on.

Thanks

The hose you found is it sucking or blowing air while running?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was thinking if it was a misfire the engine check light would be lit but since it's not lit i rulled out misfire. I couldn't distinguished if the hose push or pulls air but it's located on the pulsating damper.

The check engine light will only come on when an issue is effecting the emissions. I subtle misfire occasionally will not turn on the CEL. It would need to misfire more.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you. Is there a scan tool that will detect a misfire without the check light being lit?

A dealer equivalent tool can check mode 6 data which shows the past 40 starts and all the history about the vehicle in those 40 starts and drives. Also the same tool can run a power balance test to show you which cylinder is producing less power than the others while monitoring when this issue is occurring.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks again your help was much appreciated.

Your welcome