sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I bought one at auction, a 380 db 2 2006 this morning 3

Customer Question

I bought one at auction, a 380 db 2 2006 this morning 3 windows dont work How are u doing?
JA: What is the model of your '06 Mitsubishi?
Customer: it is a 380 db serie 2
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am thinking to do it myself, been looking on ebay for window motor part
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: on this page : http://www.justanswer.com/mitsubishi/4f8tm-mitsubishi-380-replace-electric-window-regulator.html
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: car has 250.000 excuse me, I am new here
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
dont send it by text message, I am in australia.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that could be causing the windows to not work and it will require some electrical testing to determine what is going on. You may have an issue with the switch, wiring, and it's definitely possible that the problem could be with the window motors on the doors that don't work.

The first step in diagnosing the issue will be to test for power and ground at the affected window motors with a test light while pressing the window switch in each direction. If power and ground are present and there is no activity from the motor then it has failed. If power or ground are missing then deeper testing of the switch and wiring will need to be done.