Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Connected the air suspension and changed over to springs,

Customer Question

connected the air suspension and changed over to springs, removed the EAS system and now the gearbox won't go into sports mode, the light goes on and say's sports mode then reverts back to drive mode but the light on the console stays on sport but the dash goes back to drive id it vacume operated, i have put the EAS unit back re connected the electrics but still won't work. please help if you can
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: cheers Greg
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: range rover p38 1998 4 lt v8
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i use a mechanical workshop and they are great, i wanted to get rid of the air suspension because i have had a bit of trouble with sensors and i want to go outback Australia with a trailer so we just last week changed it over, they suggested u remove the pump ecu to have more space under the bonnet which i did last night un pluged the electrics but cut the air lines, no other choice now i have put the electrics back but not working, is it reliant on air ? and where is the fuse please?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.