nelson freitas
nelson freitas,
Experience:  AutomotiveTechnician at brantford toyota
96947379

I am considering completing a Valve Seal replacement myself

Customer Question

I am considering completing a Valve Seal replacement myself and the only workshop manuals I can find online are for American models. It quotes A35 series and my car says a J32 can I rely on this manual
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: 75,000 kilometers unfortunately I let it go 18 odd months without a service and the oil turned tom grease and created I believe a drip into the cylinder particularly when parked
JA: What is the model of your '75 Nissan?
Customer: 2010 Nissan Maxima TI 3.5litre
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Garage has done a service and including an engine flush. This did not resolve and still blow a lot of blue smoke smelling of oil.They have since added a Nulon Stop Smoke product which does not seem to have made a difference so I think the recon is required but they are suggesting better to buy a recon engine than pay them to do. I have on older model cars done it myself and will be happy to do again with a manual for direction
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I think with these answers I should be comfortable with my decision
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  nelson freitas replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an automotive technician for over 12 years now. And I am currently working at a Toyota Dealership.

I would like to help you find the information that you are looking for for, but before you start the tear down of the engine, have you checked the pcv valve to ensure that it is not stuck open and sucking oil into your intake system?

Nelson

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi nelson no i have not checked the pcv and will do first. Can i use the american A35 manual for my australian j32 model car

that I am not sure of, are these model codes or are they engine codes that you are referencing?

Do you require any further assistance with this problem?

If so please let me know, I'ld like to help.

If not and I have been helpful can you please leave feedback accordingly.

Thank you,

Nelson