Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Gref I recently bought a second hand Hyundai Getz 2007, the

Customer Question

Hey Gref I recently bought a second hand Hyundai Getz 2007, the previous owner had mentioned that the check engine light comes on but they've taken it to a mechanic and all they're told is its a faulty light. They did found one who fixed the light but after driving it for a long distance the light came on again. I took it to my mechanic and they speculated it could be an oil leak or something like that, I'm yet to take it for a more detailed inspection but i just wanted to know what u think could be wrong...
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It stays on
JA: What is the model of your '07 Hyundai?
Customer: its a Getz
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is before I decide whether to fix it myself or take it to a mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the car is quite shaky once u start hitting speeds of 100k or more, I'm guessing wheel alignment could solve that, but during the check the mechanic said certain bolts in the tyres were not right so they couldn't do a full wheel balancing on all my tyres because apparently the left rear wheel would snap off if they tried anything on it...
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 2 months ago.

its not a faulty light...have you pulled codes?