Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My immobiliser illuminates continuously flashes yellow. What

Customer Question

My immobiliser illuminates continuously flashes yellow. What do I do
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Holden Cruze 1.8 CDx sedan
JA: What year is your Cruze?
Customer: 1/2/2010
JA: Are you fixing your Cruze yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, I was at work and it wouldn't start, so got jump started to go home
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Now what
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what should I do my hand book says fault in the electronic immobiliser system. The engine cannot be started.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes the positive is
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here your theft system has activated.This occurs usually when a theft component fails like the key itself or the immobilizer that reads the key.You can try to lock and unlock the vehicle again with the key or interior lock and unlock buttons and see if this resolves the issue but if it does not unfortunately you would need to have a scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set and once this is done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.One of these components listed here is the most common to cause this needing replaced.Unfortunately there is no bypass to start the vehicle when this issue occurs like this here.It has to be diagnosed and repaired to resolve this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete