Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

We are thinking of buying a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder only

Customer Question

We are thinking of buying a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder only 25,of km , but has no channels for a roof rack, have read some forums that say roof racks can't be fitted, we only want to add a roll out side canopy , not to canary cargo on roof, is there any other options .
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No we would have it installed by a professional
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: With only 25,oookm , it's had an easy life as company car at a dealership, is there anything we should look out for mechanically....
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually when the rack or channels are not installed there isnt very many options to install a component like this here.One thing you can try is to contact an install facility in your area that does after market installations like this here to see if they offer any kits to install to make this work.In most cases this is the best option.If nothing is available then unfortunately this cannot be done on your model here.

You can always locate a used same year model that has this roof rail and remove its headliner and the rail components and have your roof drilled out to install it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete