Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I need to change the Japanese language in my Nissan Prasagr

Customer Question

I need to change the Japanese language in my Nissan Prasagr to English
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Prasage 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: There is nothing wrong with the car as such but I want to change the radio and language to English
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It came with the car. It's not an after market
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nop
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** you get this resolved or do you still need help?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still need help

The only way to translate to english without replacing the radio to an English version is to translate with your smart phone with google translate. Click below for an explanation.

Translation

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was expecting a different answer. Something like a detailed way of navigating the Prasage's menu to languages. So many people have tried including myself, to use the YouTube tutorials with no success

Hi you were expecting me to tell you this has that feature but it does not. The dealer would have to do some reprogramming with software as well as replace the radio with another US version. This vehicle was not specd out or designed for the US or English. I know it is not what you wanted to hear but dont shoot the messenger. Haha

It is the same as me wanting to change my US spec vehicle to Chinese. It is not going to happen. I can go to China and buy Chinese. That is what happens when you buy grey market vehicles not built for your country.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well, it all depends what you mean when you say USA or Chinese spec because I'm sure that a radio will have multiple language options hence I was hoping you'd have a set of instructions.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi Tyrell, I spoke with a representative for Nissan. He confirmed what I have already instructed. An aftermarket replacement radio with the proper adapter harness and installation kit is your best option here as the radio is for the country the car was spec'd out for which also means there could be a conflict with the body controller software version etc. The safest bet is to install and English language aftermarket radio.