Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

A code P0302 has come up what should i do, code P0302 and no

Customer Question

a code P0302 has come up what should i do
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: code P0302 and no i have not tried to clear it . what do i do
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2011 wrangler 2 door v6 petrol
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just found the code .Im not a mechanic. I just filled up with petrol and the light came on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I put the petrol cap back on and it clicked three times but you can still turn the cap around. I have just bought the car and don't know much about it. Can i drive it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

This code if for a cylinder 2 misfire. I would check the plug, coil and plug wire first. Check spark with a spark tester, and check injector pulse with a noid light. If you have spark and fuel, then you need to check compression with a compression gauge.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

I can send you the steps to diagnose this code from the factory service manual if you would like.