Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Av got a Nissan Navara 2009 that suddenly the carpet is wet

Customer Question

Av got a Nissan Navara 2009 that suddenly the carpet is wet on the rear back passenger seat. I want to remove the carpet and check if there is a leak or a pipe that is leaking
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: Its normal driving conditions.. just started recently when i had to use the AC for the first time to defrost the windscreen while it was raining. I have never changed the hoses
JA: Are you fixing your Navara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Am still researching on what the problem could be sort of like a diagnosis. Depending on the fault i will then either fix it or send to a mech
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing more..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hi im kevin does it only get wet when ac is on ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I noticed that only when AC is on. When its off AC it get a little dry. I have not gotten it completely dry as the leak was quite extensive and its still raining so i get to use AC to defrost the windshield. I stumbled across suggestions that it could be the AC and thats when i realised i had actually used the AC
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Ok there is a drain for the ac that can come off or block up .if you look in the passenger footwell nd the lower part of centre console there will be a pipe that exits through the bottom of the car

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Though its only the back section that gets wet. The front seat passenger side carpet is dry. Could this pipe be extending to the rear cab? its a double cab pickup
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Unlikely i have nothing listed for water in rear il opt out see if another tech has any ideas

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Does it have a sunroof?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Different expert here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the car has a sunroof
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

I would check the sunroof drain tubes they could be clogged or disconnected causing your problem, I can send you the repair procedure from the service manual if you want.