Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2010 200 series L/C ute. Overheating in cold

Customer Question

I have a 2010 200 series L/C ute. Overheating in cold weather no load. Coolant level is fine. Heater only blowing out Cold air even when engine is hot. 140kks on clock. Radiator clean.
Any clues
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 13 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here can be due to either a restriction in the cooling system either in the radiator or the engine block and a coolant flush may be needed to correct this here or a fault with a leaking cylinder head gasket allowing exhaust heat and gasses to enter the cooling system.I would have a block test done to see if this is a leaking cylinder head gasket needing replaced.If this is checked and found o.k. then I would have the coolant system flushed and a new thermostat installed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete