Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2006 chrysler pt cruiser four wheel disc brakes, I

Customer Question

I have a 2006 chrysler pt cruiser four wheel disc brakes, I pushed brake pedal while coming down my gravel driveway, which is steep, and the anti skid activated and when I got to the bottom I had lost half my pedal height the brakes seem to be still working fine but the pedal remains at half mast, the pedal does not continue to the floor if pressure on it is maintained, can you advise me, regards Bahl.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a fault with the anti lock brake hydraulic unit itself.It may have failed internally with the pump internally failing since the anti lock activated at first.The other issue I have seen in some cases is a fault with one of the wheel speed sensors sending an incorrect signal on what speed the one of the wheels is traveling compared to the rest of the wheels.

The fault codes will have to be checked with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

The anti lock brake system may also need to be tested to see if the fault can be pinpointed and repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete