Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

No power to the fuel pump in a 1986 190E AMG? It is

Customer Question

no power to the fuel pump in a 1986 190E AMG?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It is consistent
JA: Are you fixing your 190E yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Put a test lamp on the wires to the fuel pump - nothing. Checked all the fuses on the right hand side but no indication of a fuel pump fuse.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.I don't have the exact wiring diagram so not sure on the exact fuse. But I have the tests for the fuel relay. Try this and let me know what you find. If there is power to terminal 30 then the fuse is good.
Remove the fuel pump relay and identify the terminal numbers on the base of the relay. Jump the relay socket from terminals 30 to 87. If the fuel pump runs, start the engine. With the engine running, check for ground at terminal 31, power at terminal 15 and a tachometer pulse square wave at pin terminal TD. If these inputs are good, replace the fuel pump relay.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny