sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Thank you very much for your help, my car is good again. I

Customer Question

Thank you very much for your help, my car is good again. I got another question about my BMW530i, year 2008. I bought this car with only one key, so I bought one more key and bring car and original key to lock smith. They cut and program for me, but the remote key only can start engine but can not lock or unlock door, while original one can do central lock and unlock key. Can you tell me how to fix this problem please?? Tks a lot!
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
Where did you buy the new key from?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I bought it from eby
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ebay
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
the new key only starts the car, and the old key only works the remote door locks? is that correct?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The old car work both start key and door lock
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The old key work both in start engine and door lock, work normal.. and the new key can start engine but not lock and unlock door. Sorry, I a bit busy , typed wrong
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would like the new key can lock and unlock (cenral locking like old one)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Steve, are your still dont have answer for me??
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the replacement key does start the engine then it is programmed. If the keyless entry does work on the original then the keyless entry not working with the replacement is due to an issue with the key itself.

Did you ensure there was a battery in it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have checked, battery is ok. So may be something goes wrong with the key itseft. Do you know how to get this key learn from origin key...like in series 3. ...close door press origin gey then press new key......??? I tried to apply to bmw530i but unable, due to series 5 got no key hole to turn on.....?

You said that the key was programmed by a locksmith and starts the car?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
car can start

The key is programmed then. If the RKE on this one doesn't work yet does from the other and the battery is good/correctly installed then this key is either incorrect or bad.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But control central lock, i think it is different thing??

If the key has been programmed but RKE does not work with it yet does from another, the battery is good and installed correctly, then the key is bad or incorrect for the vehicle.