sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Gday. I have a 2016 Nissan Navara NP300 twin cab that is

Customer Question

Gday. I have a 2016 Nissan Navara NP300 twin cab that is constantly going into limp mode. The engine light will come on and the speed of the car decreases to approx 25 kmh. This has happened numerous times on a major freeway and is dangerous merging off the motorway at low speed. It is in now foe its 60 000 km service now. The car does high km on the highway as an account manager company vehicle. It has never been used for towing and us always serviced at the required intervals. Can you please advise what the dealer can do to rectify? I have requested a replacement E.C.U under warranty while the vehicle is under 100 000 km but the local authorized dealer is reluctant to help. This situation is dangerous on the freeway. Thanks Jeremy.....
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are literally dozens of things that can turn the engine light on. The engine light will come on when the engine controller sees a failure in a monitored component or system and sets a fault code. A failure of literally any component, sensor or wiring in the powertrain can turn the engine light on.

If it's losing power when this happens then odds are the ECM is seeing an issue that can affect it's ability to control RPM or there is an issue that could potentially cause damage and it is derating power.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there.