Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Occasionally not switching to petrol on accelaration, same

Customer Question

occasionally not switching to petrol on accelaration
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: same as always comes up wit fail to start dtc
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2011 cv40 I was thinking fuel pump relay
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes only done new 12v battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 18 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is very possible that the fuel pump relay is failing to energize causing this fault here.I have seen some of these fail before in the past needing replaced for this issue here.If you can post the dtc number this will help with the diagnosis here just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete