Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Have had an engine lamp, intermittent, no obvious issues and

Customer Question

have had an engine lamp, intermittent, no obvious issues and no error codes ever logged. pattern is a 10sec to a minute on, often when car is warmed and then off for about 10min (shopping) but more recently when running in slow crawl traffic yr 2000 normally aspirated suby
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: done just over 200K kilometers. no, don't have my own reader but mech rechecks every service... no dice
JA: What is the model of your '00 Subaru?
Customer: x
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ah uh, I leave that to the mech, who I do trust, car has been faithfully service all its life (sole owner)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: sure. how does this work? I just started typing ....whats the scheme here?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If there are never any fault codes set when this light is on and no running or shifting issues here either this can be a fault with the instrument cluster itself as it may be shorting out causing the light to come on or an issue with the engine computer commanding the light on when it shouldnt be.This would need to be checked/tested further to locate which is the cause here and from there then repaired to resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete