Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Issues with trans after rebuild, No model in particular it's

Customer Question

Issues with trans after rebuild
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: No model in particular it's a 4 speed f4a42-1 automatic trans
JA: What year is your Mitsubishi?
Customer: Think it's 1995
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Rebuild trans I'm getting a nutural condition when idling
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: Press the gas it flares then bumps into gear
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it. The trans was perfect for 2 months then this issue occured
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2.0 v6
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Bout 100000 miles
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tested pressures it's fine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Acts like a manual when taking off. Torque converter rebuild new seals clutches and steels everything to spec
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Forgot to add delay going into n and d since the issue appeared. Underdrive and underdrive reverse pressures are bang on spec 150psi
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I have seen issues on several transmissions where a seal can become cut on install and leak fluid causing engagement issues like you see here needing replaced.I suspect if you know for sure that everything was put together properly when this rebuild was done that a seal was cut accidentally and caused this fault here.The transmission will most likely need taken apart and seals inspected for any issues needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete